About the Friends of the Library
The purpose of the Friends of the Library is to maintain an association of people interested in the programs and welfare of the Johnson City Public Library that:
- promotes the improvement of the facilities and services of the library so as to increase its value to the community
- carries on interpretive, literary or educational activities related to the functions of the public library
- furthers cooperation among local citizens, library officials and government officials
- increases knowledge and better understanding of the functions, resources, services, needs and mutual problems of the library
- does any and all things necessary to carry on the above purposes.
How Can You Become Involved?
There are several ways you can become involved in the Friends of the Johnson City Public Library.
Become a member: for as little as $15 for an individual membership, you can join the Friends of the Library organization. Your membership helps support our programs and entitles you to our newsletter and a special preview at our book sales. Download our Membership Form to get started.
Volunteer: There are many opportunities to help out. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed at our book sales as well as other special programs.
Friends Board of Directors: We are looking for folks who are interested in the library and its programs, and who want to work to promote and support our library. If you’d like to be considered for the Friends board, please contact us.